Singapore has long been recognized as one of the best fund management centres in the world. Over the last few years, the government has taken the necessary steps to develop the country’s growing fund management industry to enhance Singapore’s competitiveness in the global fund management sector.
In Singapore, the first step to build fund management is to register a private limited company. After that, the company need to apply for an asset management license approved by the Money Authority of Singapore (also known as the capital market services license). Any institution applying for relevant business needs to set up corresponding business entity to ensure that it meets the requirements of professional qualification, fill in the corresponding application form and submit other required materials.
Requirements of Singapore registered fund management company
- For investors: no more than 30 qualified investors, and the assets under their management (AUM) shall not exceed S $250 million.
- Capital requirement: at least S $250000.
The process of registering fund management company:
- The client should have the name of the company (English name only) and arrange a name verification;
- After the name verification is passed, the company have to provide the passport and ID card of two directors for company registration;
- At the same time, the client should find the independent office address by himself or by proxy;
- Open a bank account and transfer funds;
Apply the MAS for fund company registration (usually takes about 4 to 6 weeks).